These are my go to quick bake for when we are having friends over for a cup of tea, when we fancy a sweet treat or for sending in the post to a friend who needs a little pick me up as they travel well! They are so yummy, so easy and pretty fool proof which I think makes this best chocolate flapjack recipe ever. Give it a go and see for yourself, everything you need and instructions are below, I will apologise in advance as you'll never be able to eat just one!
- 175g butter
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 250g oats
- A handful of raisins
- 400g milk chocolate for the top.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan
- Once melted add in the oats and raisins and mix together
- line a deep square or rectangular baking tray or dish with parchment paper
- transfer the flapjack mixture to the tray spreading and pressing it down with the fork or the back of a spoon until it is about an inch thick
- bake at 150 degrees C for 25 mins or so until golden brown and then leave to cool
- melt the chocolate in a bowl and then spread on top of your flapjack and leave to cool and reset.
- Once set simply chop into chunks and serve.