Lottie pretty much spent the first six months of her life in a sling, firstly because I didn't dare put her down because of her very inquisitive 18 month and 3.5 year old sisters who liked to try and pick her up or give her a loving prod as soon as I put her down, but also because she was a very tactile baby and wanted to be held ALL the time. More than ever I needed my hands free in order to be able to look after her siblings and run around after them. Baby wearing very much gave me the confidence to parent my own way and often to survive the day. It also meant I could snuggle my babies, kiss their little heads, drink them all in which I have to say is my favourite part of baby wearing.
Baby Bjorn have recently launched their 'Love Manifesto' to celebrate the arrival of the new Baby Bjorn Carrier One/Baby Carrier One Air which is all about empowering parents to trust their instincts and take the pressure off themselves - a campaign I can really get behind. We've been testing out the new Baby Carrier One Air which is suitable from newborn to three and absolutely love it. Now aged two and a bit Lottie insists on walking everywhere trying to keep up with her sisters but still really loves to be carried, particularly when her little legs get tired. I also really like to put her in the carrier when we're amongst the crowds as with three children I just don't have enough hands and then I know exactly where she is, it's perfect for things like fireworks night, the farmers market and visits to London navigating the tube steps and bustle of the city. She also weighs over 12kg now so with her buckled in and my wellies on I can get some exercise with a good walk over the fields while she naps which as she now refuses to nap in her cot is an absolute winner!
Here are some of the things we love about the Baby Bjorn Carrier One/Baby Carrier One Air:
- It's super comfortable to wear for you and your child, made from soft, breathable fabric with padded straps which offer even weight distribution and great support.
- The Baby Carrier one has been developed in close consultation with paediatricians and provides the correct support for your child's head, back and hips. The International Hip Displasia Institute has tested it and acknowledges it as a 'hip healthy carrier'.
- It's really easy to put on, adjust and put your child in. I really love how easy the buckles are to fasten and how secure it feels once on.
- You can carry your baby inward or outward facing and wear them on your front and also back once they are a year old.
- It has great head support which is great for smaller babies and napping toddlers!
- It grows with your baby and is suitable from newborn to approx three years old (minimum 3.5kg and maximum 15kg) allowing you to carry them that little bit longer!
- It comes in several gorgeous colour ways, we have the Baby Carrier One Air in Frost Green Mesh
You can find our more about the Baby Carrier One and Baby Carrier One Air HERE. We also have a 10% online discount code for you to use which is valid until 26th February 2018, simply enter LOVE2018 at checkout.
* This is a collaborative post, we were kindly send a Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air for review.
All thoughts and opinions are my own.*